NanoOntario and Nanopolis have reources to identify and connect you with corporate and academic partners and facilities.
The Suzhou Industrial Park (SIP) has attracted 4900 foreign-invested enterprises, including 93 Fortune 500 MNCs with 28.3 billion of foreign investment 154 projects.
Ontario has over 100 companies engaged in advanced materials and nano-enabled products.
- Automotive –Paints & coatings (glass & metal), alloys, plastics and composites, foams, fabric, rubber (tires), adhesives, lubricants, electronics & photonics (sensors & communications);
- Construction –Cement additives, self-cleaning coatings, adhesives;
- Consumer Products –Cosmetics, sports equipment, personal care products, clothing
- Drug Delivery and Agro-chemical –Biocompatible encapsulation, “smart” chemicals
- ElectroPhotonics –Semiconductor devices, assembly materials, LEDs, solar panels, photonic devices, MEMs
- Energy Storage & Fuel Cells –Lithium ion batteries, hydrogen fuel cells
- Environmental and CleanTech –Nanozerovalent iron, nanofiltration (membranes, ceramics, oxides), paper coatings (biolatex), binders
- Industrial Materials –Nanosilica, gold & silver, Titania, Alumina, rare earths, catalysts + many more…
- Medical Devices & Clinical Diagnostics –Nanostructured interfaces, quantum dots, nanosieves, reagents
- Tools & Instruments
In Ontario, the Canadian Standards Association is a leader in setting ISO Nanotechnology policy.